The alternative approach to hormonal imbalance seeks to optimise the general health of the individual and then nourish the organs responsible for hormone production, gently bringing the body back to its natural rhythm.
Hormonal imbalances treated include:
- Mood irregularities including PMS and PMDD
- Menstrual issues including absent periods, painful periods and heavy periods
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
- Fibroids and ovarian cysts
- Cervical abnormalities
Fertility, Preconception Care + IVF
Mum's health + Dad's health = the Baby and developing child's health
Pretty simple, right? So it makes sense to put some work into getting healthy before you start the (very fun) conception process.
And if you're going through IVF, we offer extensive support.
What are the benefits of preconception care?
Preconception care can improve you and your baby's health by reducing:
- Pregnancy complications
- Premature births
- Low birth weight
- Birth defects
Your preconception care plan may involve:
- Charting your cycles to work out prime conception times
- Minimising toxins in your environment and your body
- Optimising egg and sperm production with a nutritious diet
- Stress management
- Herbal or nutritional support to improve fertility, or correct pre-existing conditions
- Traditional Chinese Medicine Acupuncture to enhance fertility
It's challenging not to panic if you've experienced problems getting, or staying pregnant.
Naturopathy and acupuncture both address the causes of fertility issues and break down the barriers to conception and pregnancy.
The common fertility problems treated are:
- Inability to conceive and history of miscarriages
- Irregular or absent cycles
- PCOS and ovarian cysts
- Premature ovarian failure
- History of birth defects
- Sperm problems including low count and motility, poor morphology and sperm antibodies
- IVF support
It's really important that men take part in preconception care, to improve sperm volume, count, motility and morphology, as they're 50% of the equation of a healthy baby.
It takes about 3 months for healthy sperm to mature - and lifestyle changes can make significant improvements in the quality of sperm, and therefore changes in fertility outcomes.
Fertility treatment can be stressful.
Katie Kempthorne Naturopathy and Acupuncture actively helps people who are going through the process get better outcomes and we've seen great results when acupuncture is used alongside IVF.
Our patients say it makes them feel so much better.
At a time when hormones rule their body, they experience less anxiety, more restful sleep and it's easier to cope when they combine acupuncture with IVF.
Interested? Have a look at some of the research and evidence that backs it up, or come and have a chat.
Pregnancy + Birth
We have a lot of fear around being pregnant and giving birth, especially first time round, so it makes sense to seek support to get your body functioning optimally and your mind on the straight and narrow.
Both naturopathy and acupuncture can support you at all stages of the process, and both are safe and effective.
- Morning sickness support
- Moxabustion for breech babies
- Pre-birth Acupuncture
- Acupuncture to induce labour
- Post-natal support